Site Meter ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5 ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5

Susan's Spa

Your number one stop for beauty and blogging tips, all in one fabulous blog!

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Get Over It!

It seems like every day of the year is National or International whatever day. Yesterday was International Women's Day, and QVC celebrated all day with their female entepreneurs. Today is National 'Get Over It Day'. This is the day that you, me and your mother should just get over whatever horrible thing you've been through in your life and move on. Actually, I've pretty much always had that mindset. Somewhere in my life, something told me it was a really bad idea to continuously see myself as a victim. There's a limit on how much time you can spend feeling sorry for yourself and probably even less time that other people will have the patience to sympathize with you. There's nothing unhealthier than walking around with a black cloud over your head and nothing more draining on your friends and family than constant sulking about what shoulda/woulda/coulda been. I work with kids with cancer one day a week, voluntarily, and I feel pretty humbled when I leave that hospital. I'm not just doing something nice for them, but I'm giving myself a gift by taking my energy and putting someplace where it's needed, instead of using it to mull over all that's wrong with me and my life (thankfully, it's really not that much). So today people, give yourself a break, and just get over it!

2 Comments:

At 3/09/2006 3:46 PM, Blogger Cher said...

Love it - great post and I agree, we need to stop blaming others or feeling sorry for ourselves and start living!! Life is short and the only thing we leave behind is our spirit. My mother-in-law, who passed a couple of years ago used to always say 'I'm thinking positive thoughts for you' - I will never forget her love (she lived to 87) - it touched my soul.
Thank you Susan

 
At 3/09/2006 7:29 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Funny, my mother-in-law (also deceased) used to say "This too shall pass"....and she was right!
Thanks Cherrie!

Susan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
Next | Previous | Rand | List Sites
Next 5 | Previous 5 | Join | Stats
Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
made possible by CrickRock Webrings.