Site Meter ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5 ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5

Susan's Spa

Your number one stop for beauty and blogging tips, all in one fabulous blog!

Friday, February 24, 2006

The Technorati Touch

I remember when I first started blogging. Like almost everyone else who starts out blogging, I had no idea what I was doing. It's like jumping into a lake without knowing how to swim. Also, it's a very large lake and there are lots of other people in there with you. Some of them are novices like you, while others are mega-bloggers or blogereties, as they are now known, who are making tons of money blogging on no less than ten blogs a day, every other minute. I now fall into neither category. I am probably in the majority of bloggers who aren't really making any money, but just enjoy writing. I began blogging after losing my job and one of my online friends had turned me toward a site for stay-at-home moms, http://www.wahm.com/index1.html. Here, I was looking for support and the possiblity that I might be able to find some sound information on blogging from other moms who are doing it too. Their blogging folder is just a wealth of information. One of the very first pieces of information I found was on Technorati (www.technorati.com). By linking your blog to Technorati, you can hopefully draw some traffic. If people like your blog, then they will link theirs to yours and you can do the same. The more links that point to your blog, the more readers you will draw. The more traffic, the more likelihood that you can make some money from your affiliates. My current two main affiliates are Amazon and Benefit Cosmetics. Besides being a great way to link your blog, Technorati is just a wealth of information on blogging. Of course, there are lots of other places you can link your blog. I'm convinced that one day blogging will be offered as a college major. There's so much to learn and not enough hours in my day to learn it, but I'm having fun doing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
Next | Previous | Rand | List Sites
Next 5 | Previous 5 | Join | Stats
Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
made possible by CrickRock Webrings.