Site Meter ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5 ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5

Susan's Spa

Your number one stop for beauty and blogging tips, all in one fabulous blog!

Thursday, July 27, 2006

This Diamond Ring

I never really got the engagement ring I really wanted when I got married. Don't get me wrong, the ring is lovely and I did pick it out myself. In order to save us money, I picked an antique diamond ring flanked by emeralds. The diamond itself was what they called "champagne", which to me meant that it wasn't a very good quality stone, but still the price was right and it was different. I rarely wear it as it is rather formal looking. I would never purchase a diamond ring at this stage of my life, but we recently came into an inheritance that included a diamond, which is to be passed on to my daughter. This is a family heirloom and apparently this is not uncommon with diamonds that are good quality. In fact the Hope diamond, which is the most famous in the world, was, according to legend, plucked from an idol in India and cursed to all who would touch it. Whether or not you believe this, this diamond has been passed around from a lot of people, including King Louis XIV. It was sold to earn money for gambling, worn to raise money for charity and finally donated to the Smithsonian Institution. Now my diamond is nothing like the Hope diamond, but still being that it is a family heirloom, I wanted it to be placed in an appropriate setting. I took it to a jeweler and looked at many diamond rings before choosing a setting that was just right for my diamond. When I do get it, I just know I'll love it. I plan on passing it on to my daughter when she gets engaged in many years from now. Of course, she'll have to wrestle me for it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
Next | Previous | Rand | List Sites
Next 5 | Previous 5 | Join | Stats
Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
made possible by CrickRock Webrings.