Site Meter ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5 ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5

Susan's Spa

Your number one stop for beauty and blogging tips, all in one fabulous blog!

Thursday, August 03, 2006

When The Lights Went Out On Long Island

I was going to post about something else, but truthfully, the heat in our region has taken priority over anything else I could possibly want to discuss. This morning I awoke to the sounds of silence. No fan whirring, no air conditioner humming....nothing! It was very early, somewhere between night and day and it was totally creepy. Of course, I couldn't fall back asleep and I was just lying there wondering, "how long??". Thankfully, the power came on just as I was trying to set into motion a plan of strategy, should I be left with no power at all for the day (cold shower, cold cereal...you get the picture). Still, the cable was out even after the power returned so no TV to see what was going on in the rest of the world and no computer. I prepared for work at the hospital where I volunteer and when I arrived at the hospital and moved through the halls, I noticed the corridors were closed off. My first thought was there was a fire alarm drill (we have this regularly to keep us on our toes), but then I realized that there were no lights and no air conditioning in certain areas and elevators were being used sparingly. We have been put on a power alert. Hopefully, we will have some relief within the next 24 hours. In the meantime, whereever you are, stay cool and drink plenty of fluids!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
Next | Previous | Rand | List Sites
Next 5 | Previous 5 | Join | Stats
Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
made possible by CrickRock Webrings.