Site Meter ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5 ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5

Susan's Spa

Your number one stop for beauty and blogging tips, all in one fabulous blog!

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Hot Yoga

I've been a yoga enthusiast for many years. It is probably one of the few constants in my life, but the last few years I've been drawn away from the practice due to some issues with my knees as well as one injury I sustained to my ankle as a result of one overly zealous yoga pose. Friends of mine told me about a hot yoga class that they take and I immediately became intrigued. I have tried hot yoga in the past, but the room only really became luke warm at best. This was a true hot yoga class given in sauna-like conditions. They asked if I would join them and I immediately said yes. I wondered how I would manage in such heated conditions as I don't like the heat at all, but they assured me that I could leave the room at any time for a break. I took one class and I am already hooked. The benefits of hot yoga far outweigh any negative effects and, in fact, I can't really think of anything negative other than the impact on hair. I wasn't the only newbie either which was reassuring and the instructor was very gentle and encouraging. Best of all, I became as limber as I was twenty years ago and woke up the following morning with no soreness whatsoever. If you've ever wanted to try something that is not only good for your body, but great for your spirit, give yoga a try. It's a wonderful way to condition the body and strengthen the back. Best of all, anyone can practice yoga, from children and pregnant women to seniors since yoga teaches you to listen to your body and follow your instincts. Namaste!

2 Comments:

At 6/18/2008 5:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had never really done a yoga class until I did Hot Yoga. Wow, that was amazing! 90 minutes in that 90+ heat!! Insane and definitely was a convert after that!

 
At 6/18/2008 6:23 AM, Blogger Susan said...

My class was at 105 degrees. Amazingly, it wasn't as unbearable as I thought it would be. Thanks for reading my blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
Next | Previous | Rand | List Sites
Next 5 | Previous 5 | Join | Stats
Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
made possible by CrickRock Webrings.