Site Meter ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5 ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5

Susan's Spa

Your number one stop for beauty and blogging tips, all in one fabulous blog!

Friday, March 10, 2006

What Do You Want For Mother's Day?

It's hard to believe that Mother's Day is just around the corner. The card stores are already displaying cards from sons, daughters and husbands. It got me thinking how I would like my family to remember me. I have more than enough bottles of perfume and although a girl can never have too much jewelry, I actually do, a lot of which I don't even wear. I would never want my family to buy me clothes. I don't even like buying me clothes lately since everything that's contemporary is made for my fourteen-year old daughter. I wouldn't want them to buy me make-up because that's a very personal thing and only I should be buying that for me. I don't want gift cards. I hate gift cards. I think gift cards say "I don't have time to shop for you, so I'm buying you this....go get yourself something nice!". I don't need a camera (I just got one for my birthday and I still can't figure out how to use it). In fact anything that's technologically challenging is not a good gift for me and says "I bought you this gift, but it's really what I wanted for myself!". Nothing practical like a vacuum cleaner or an iron (that would suck!). Mother's Day Gift Baskets are always nice, because it really can be specialized to what I really like. For instance, I love candles and bath and body product. These are something that I wouldn't have to share with anyone else and they make me feel like I deserve to be pampered, which I do! So think about what you want for Mother's Day and start dropping hints now. By the time Mother's Day rolls around, everyone should have gotten the idea!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
Next | Previous | Rand | List Sites
Next 5 | Previous 5 | Join | Stats
Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
made possible by CrickRock Webrings.