Site Meter ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5 ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5

Susan's Spa

Your number one stop for beauty and blogging tips, all in one fabulous blog!

Friday, June 16, 2006

Fabulous Friday!


Today is a fabulous day. Besides the fact that it's friday, the weather is absolutely beautiful and it's my last day of work until September. Yes, I will miss my paycheck over the summer, but my house hasn't been thoroughly cleaned in six months so I have my work cut out for me. Cleaning my kids' rooms alone may take me three weeks. In the meantime, I've been enjoying the re-issued, remastered Barry Manilow "Live" collection which came out on Tuesday. This is the uncut version of his concert recorded back in 1976 in New York City. The original "Live" album only had enough cuts to fill up one CD, but the new, improved package has two CDs including previously unreleased songs and dialogue. This a real treat for diehard fans, but newer fans and civilians will get to hear some vintage songs that Barry rarely sings in concert as well as all the favorites like "Mandy", "Time In New England" and "I Write The Songs". My only disappointment is how hard it is to find in stores. If you can find it anywhere, consider yourself lucky and shame on the record company for not promoting this Legacy Edition more aggressively. If you really want to purchase it, the best way is through Amazon.com. The icon is right on my sidebar if I've tempted you in any way. You won't be disappointed. Barry's birthday is tomorrow and he'll either be turning 60 or 63, depending what you read about him.

2 Comments:

At 6/17/2006 9:34 PM, Blogger Cher said...

I love this new re-issue. Great quality and a real treasure.

 
At 11/28/2006 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-D I love barry manilow!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
Next | Previous | Rand | List Sites
Next 5 | Previous 5 | Join | Stats
Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
made possible by CrickRock Webrings.