Site Meter ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5 ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5

Susan's Spa

Your number one stop for beauty and blogging tips, all in one fabulous blog!

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Get Paid To Post

A few months back I decided to try to add another money-making component to my blogging by signing up with Blogative (www.blogative.com). Basically, this service provides bloggers with the opportunity to get paid for posting about specific advertisers, while providing a link to the advertiser's website with a few choice highlights from their web release. This is a relatively easy way to make some extra cash from blogging. I've read lots of pros and cons about these services. Those for it, haven't had much luck with making money from affiliates and pay-per click text ads and since blogging is a source of income, this is a great way to make a few extra bucks while waiting for profits to add up from affiliates. Those against it, feel that bloggers become less than true to themselves while having to blog about advertisers just to make a few extra bucks. I really don't feel like I've sold out in any way. I still get to blog about what I want while making some extra money and I have the right to turn down an offer if I feel it's not right for me. Apparently, the idea that advertisers can pay bloggers to sell their products is catching on. Another such site has been written up in Business Week called Pay Per Post (www.payperpost.com). This is a similar service that allows bloggers to choose an advertiser from a list, blog about the advertiser according to their guidelines and get paid for it. The down side is that the advertiser has the right to refuse payment based on the contents of the post, but the blogger has the opportunity to correct the post in both cases (both Blogative and Pay Per Post will do this) so that they don't lose out on the opportunity to make some money. I'm ready to give Pay Per Post a try and I'll let you know how it works out. I really enjoy working with Blogative, so hopefully, this will be just as positive an experience.

2 Comments:

At 7/05/2006 1:19 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

Let me know how it works out for you. I've been wanting to try it but before I do I want someone's opinion on it first. By the way I pmed you a couple of days ago did you get it?

 
At 7/06/2006 1:16 PM, Blogger Jaclyn said...

Let me know how it goes with PayPerPost.com. Just thought I'd let you know, you spelled Blogitive.com wrong so that link goes to a random website. I've applied for the 3rd time with Blogitive, so hopefully third times the charm! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
Next | Previous | Rand | List Sites
Next 5 | Previous 5 | Join | Stats
Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
made possible by CrickRock Webrings.