Site Meter ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5 ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5

Susan's Spa

Your number one stop for beauty and blogging tips, all in one fabulous blog!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

One Less Star To View


I wasn't going to blog about this today. I wrote a post about this a couple of months back when it was announced that Rosie O'Donnell would be stepping into Meredith Viera's shoes (as if!). On Tuesday, Star announced, after the first commercial break, that she would be leaving the show as it was taking a turn in a different direction. Apparently, her co-hosts were stunned. Barbara Walters asked the audience to give Star a standing ovation and Joy Behar commented that she wouldn't have anyone to fight with. Star replied "Oh, I think you'll have someone to fight with"(paraphrasing). I hardly ever watch this show anymore, but I cringe at the thought of Rosie O'Donnell trying to bond with these women. I don't see it! She's entirely too caustic, unless you ask her about Madonna, in which case she thinks the heavens will open up just for her. I don't know who will replace Star, but whoever it is I hope they get a year's supply of Zantac as part of their contract. As for Star....she is reportedly talking to three major networks (CBS, CNN and Court TV) for her own show.

2 Comments:

At 6/28/2006 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love Meredith because I have wtched her rise, gracefully, for so many years

Barbara is a legend.

Hope it didn't seem that I was against the girls Maureen Dowd so wittly put down. I was one of them, also.

 
At 7/03/2006 1:56 PM, Blogger Sheron said...

I never watch The View unless someone is a guest who I really want to see. Now I don't know if I'll even do that with Rosie O'Donnell coming to the show. I can't see how that chemistry will ever work. Barbara may be a legend, but if Rosie was her idea, she needs to rethink her decision making ability. Maybe it's time for her to retire.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
Next | Previous | Rand | List Sites
Next 5 | Previous 5 | Join | Stats
Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
made possible by CrickRock Webrings.