Site Meter ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5 ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5

Susan's Spa

Your number one stop for beauty and blogging tips, all in one fabulous blog!

Sunday, July 02, 2006

A Smaller and Wiser Me

I rarely write about anything really personal because this is not that kind of blog, but I'm prepared to do this now. I've been on a diet for almost one month now. I decided to follow a Weight Watchers' plan and have gotten some great help from friends who followed the same path. They've given me advice and tips on counting points and little tricks on how to stay on target. Because of their help I've lost about eight pounds now. I feel better already although I have about another eight to go to reach my goal of effortlessly zipping up my favorite jeans. What I've gained though is the knowledge of all the terrible mistakes I've made in fooling myself into thinking I was eating healthy......I wasn't. I totally had lost touch with the actual feeling of being hungry and feeling full after I'd finish a meal. I ate for all the wrong reasons...stress and boredom. I put no thought whatsoever into making healthy choices. No wonder my cholesterol had shot up so high. Why on earth was I so surprised? In the last month, I have carefully made choices, measured my portions and found myself not at all feeling deprived in any way. I defintely look better and feel a sense of accomplishment about myself that I haven't felt in a long time. Losing weight is not easy. It is increasingly more difficult as we age, with slower metabolisms and less energy and time for exercise (which I try to do at least four or five times a week). What I've learned thought is that nothing is impossible and that to accept the status quo was a very bad idea. I also learned that I can't do it for anyone else but me.....not my husband, my kids, society or for a special occasion. For more information about how to get started on your own personal journey, you can go to www.weightwatchers.com or try www.diet.com for great ideas and support.

3 Comments:

At 7/03/2006 7:29 AM, Blogger Ashley said...

Congrats Susan. Keep up the good work. :)

 
At 7/03/2006 1:49 PM, Blogger Sheron said...

Congratulations! You'll meet your goal in no time. :-)

 
At 7/03/2006 1:56 PM, Blogger Susan said...

thanks for the support!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
Next | Previous | Rand | List Sites
Next 5 | Previous 5 | Join | Stats
Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
made possible by CrickRock Webrings.