Site Meter ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5 ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5

Susan's Spa

Your number one stop for beauty and blogging tips, all in one fabulous blog!

Monday, July 17, 2006

What's New At Blog Explosion

Blogathon 2006: Stay up late, make a difference.Every year bloggers come together to participate in the Blogathon to help raise money for charity. This is NOT a BlogExplosion event, however it's a GREAT event and I would love to see every single BlogExplosion member participate this year.It's simple. It's like a walk-a-thon, except that instead of taking pledges to walk, you take pledges to stay up for 24 hours and blog. You choose the charity you will blog for, get pledges, and starting on Saturday, July 29th at 9:00am EST you will stay up for 24 hours making a post on your blog every 30 minutes.Let's all stay up late and make a difference together as a community. To that end, I will be setting up a special chat-room at the Shoutbox for all members participating in the Blogathon. I'm going to stay up late too and do a special radio show!You can find all the details and sign-up at http://www.blogathon.org/.----------------------------------------------2. BE Radio: 24 Hours of Blogathon fun!Most of you know me as "orange haired boy" and many of you used to read my blog. But, for various personal reasons I decided to suspend blogging for a while. I participated in the Blogathon the past few years and am even credited with choosing the unofficial blogathon theme song. (Long story). Well, this year, since I am one blog short of being a blogger, I've decided to do a radio show instead!For 24 hours, BE Radio will have full Blogathon 2006 coverage. I will be your humble DJ for a whopping 24 hours straight. There will be music, contests, announcements, give-aways, call-ins, the unofficial blogathon theme song, and lots of tips to help you stay awake!BE Radio is open to everyone - not just members of BlogExplosion. I will have special buttons made up and there will be more details in the next newsletter.I'm not doing my show for charity directly, I'm doing it for you: the bloggers. This year promises to be the best Blogathon by far!BE Radio: http://radio.blogexplosion.com----------------------------------------------3. Thumbnails Fixed!Many of you have been afflicted with a wrong thumbnails recently and have probably wondered what's going on. Well, long story short: it's my fault and I'm in the process of fixing it now. It was impossible for me to determine which (out of the many thousands of blogs listed at BlogExplosion) had incorrect thumbnails. So, I figured that the easiest way to fix the problem was to just regenerate them all.Over the next 2 days, my computer will be doing nothing but churning out new thumbnails for every single blog, and, when it's done, I'm going up upload them all at once.What does this mean for you? Well, it means that your current thumbnail (good or bad) will be replaced by an updated thumbnail. So, in the meantime, don't bother asking the system for a new thumbnail - it won't do any good. Once all the thumbnails have been updated I'll send out another short newsletter to let you know and you'll be able to check your new thumbnails out then.So, while I'm exceedingly sorry that I screwed up the thumbnails, I'm exceedingly happy that I found and fixed the problem. :)----------------------------------------------4. New Chat RoomsIf you haven't been by the Shoutbox lately, you haven't seen all the changes we've made! Based on member feedback, we split the main chat-room into two separate chat-rooms. One is a family-friendly room and the other is an 18+ chat-room.The family-friendly chat-room is to be just that. The adult room is for everything else. Period.You will also see a new chat-room called "Survivor: BE Island". This is a special room which will be home to a new game coming soon to BlogExplosion. Stay tuned for more details...it's gonna rock! Not a member of Blog Explosion already? No problem! Just click the icon in my sidebar and join. It only takes a few minutes to join one of the largest blogging communities on the internet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
Next | Previous | Rand | List Sites
Next 5 | Previous 5 | Join | Stats
Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
made possible by CrickRock Webrings.