Tips Of The Trade
Here are some tips from the beauty experts that you can do right in your own home and won't cost you anymore money than you are already spending. In fact, many of these tips will save you money.
1) To calm your irritated complexion, mix old-fashioned oats with water to form a paste. Apply to your face and leave on for 15 minutes. One spa owner claims to advise her clients to use this when redness is a problem.
2) Banish dark under-eye circles by wrapping a grated potato in cheesecloth and place over your eyes for five minutes every morning. This tip comes from the famous dermatologist to the stars, Dr. Brandt. Potatoes contain an enzyme called catecholase that is a natural skin lightner.
3) If you use a self-tanner, the best time to apply it is within half an hour after bathing or showering. Your skin is at it's lowest pH and when tanner is applied in this time frame, it will develop quicker for a longer lasting self tan.
4) If you are a gym rat and shower more than once a day, don't shampoo your hair more than once a day. In the second shower, just wet hair and condition the ends only. This will keep your hair from drying out and preserve shine.
5) If split ends are a problem, try combing your hair from the bottom up in the future. By beginning with your ends first and working your way up, you can prevent further damage to your hair and stop further breakage.
6) To brighten eyes for a night out, blend a bit of golden shimmer cream to your concealer and pat under eyes. It will brighten up the under eye area by cancelling out your dark circles as well as waking up the whole eye area.
7) If you are going out for the evening and want a dramatic look for your eyes, but don't have the time to apply make-up, try using a jeweled-tone eye pencil, lining all around the eyes. This will give your eyes a dramatic look and save you lots of time.
8) If dry cuticles are a problem for you, apply hair conditioner to your nails when you are in the shower and gently push your cuticles back. It will not only save you time, but will give you healthy-looking cuticles and nails.
9) If you want to extend the life of your pedicure, put insoles (think Dr. Scholl's) in your shoes and boots. Putting a buffer between you and your shoes will help prevent callouses and roughness.
10) To get super-smooth skin under your arms when shaving, apply an exfoliating cleanser before shaving. The sloughing action helps prevent shaving bumps and will give you a closer shave.
11) To get super-smooth legs, apply olive oil with Epsom salts and rub thoroughly on legs. Rinse thoroughly and then shave. The oil mixture will exfoliate your legs and moisturize, giving your legs a clean, smooth appearance after shaving.