Site Meter ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5 ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5

Susan's Spa

Your number one stop for beauty and blogging tips, all in one fabulous blog!

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Leave My Reality Alone

When reality shows first came into our homes, we were transported to another place where reality met fantasy. We were all capable of being celebrities now thanks to shows like 'Survivor', but back in the day, you were hard-pressed to find an unkind word printed about the contestants or the shows themselves. Now, reality bashing has become a full-time sport and gossip websites and rags are dedicating themselves dishing the dirt on contestants and the shows themselves. Apparently, the American public, by and large, is not only wanting to know they can be like those contestants, but they also want to know that they are less than perfect. I'm probably in the minority here, but I would rather they leave my reality shows alone and let me enjoy my hour or so of fantasy as an escape from my otherwise hum-drum life. So what if the 'Dancing with the Stars' professional dancers get a little help from seasoned choreographers and so what if one of the 'American Idol' contestants borrowed an arrangement from another artists? How does that change the fabric of my life? All I ask is just give me back my reality shows and let them be. I know they are far from my reality, but that's what makes them so interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
Next | Previous | Rand | List Sites
Next 5 | Previous 5 | Join | Stats
Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
made possible by CrickRock Webrings.