Site Meter ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5 ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5

Susan's Spa

Your number one stop for beauty and blogging tips, all in one fabulous blog!

Monday, December 01, 2008

Unfathomable!

As many of you know, I was a huge fan of Barry Manilow for many years, but my fandom has waned over the years because he failed to dazzle me with his decade cover albums. However, I still enjoyed watching him on television and try to catch him when I can, especially when he's promoting himself. He made an appearance on "The Today Show" the day after Thanksgiving. On that same morning, Marlo Thomas was set to appear with several children from St. Jude's Hospital. They were there to help raise awareness and, in turn, raise money for this wonderful facility that will treat children for free. There weren't many of the children there, but apparently, Mr. Manilow allegedly was not willing to share the green room space with these kids. Of course, this is all hearsay, but certainly not the first time long-standing fans have heard these stories about Barry. Having a small cousin who is being treated for neuroblastoma, this news is both startling and disturbing, if it's true. Since I always try to look for the silver lining in every negative situation, I hope that this will raise awareness about childhood cancer and the need for money for both research and treatment. If you are reading this post, and you want to give a great and unique gift, instead of buying a CD, how about making a donation to St. Jude in honor of someone you love. It's a great way to celebrate the miracle of Christmas, by celebrating the miracle of life for some really great kids.

1 Comments:

At 12/02/2008 1:42 AM, Blogger The Gal Herself said...

St. Jude is a terrific organization. I am a monthly contributor and feel *good* every time I see the listing on my credit card statement. (And in this economy, I don't often feel good about seeing where and how much I've spent.)

I also have a friend who has lifted the curtain and shown me a glimpse into the world of loyal Fanilows. It's sad the lengths they will go to in excusing the inexcusable. Most of these fans are middle-aged women, who by now should really know better. I hope they see your post and take your advice and send money to St. Jude, instead of buying Manilow's newest CD.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
Next | Previous | Rand | List Sites
Next 5 | Previous 5 | Join | Stats
Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
made possible by CrickRock Webrings.