Site Meter ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5 ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5

Susan's Spa

Your number one stop for beauty and blogging tips, all in one fabulous blog!

Saturday, January 28, 2006

My MAC Attack

Today I went shopping with my daughter to a local mall (one of the largest in the USA). They have every store imaginable, including many upscale designer shops and three large cosmetic stores; the ever popular Sephora, Bare Escentuals and, of course, MAC. Sephora and Bare Escentuals I am all to familiar with and have dropped quite a bit of money in both establishments, but MAC was unchartered territory for me and because I am committed to writing about these things in my blog, I felt compelled to walk into this store, if for no other reason, but to report on my experience. My daughter, who is a cosmetic diva, commented immediately that she didn't like the store at all. I was kind of surprised since she's drawn to make-up like a moth to a flame. I asked her why and she said it seemed very confusing to her what with all the varied products and the many, many color palettes. Her observations were correct. While the store is a well organized and modern structure, it was a rainbow of colors far and beyond anything I've ever seen in any other store. There were make-up applications in varying stages going on to the right and left of us and, not surprisingly, a long line at the cash register. Although I looked at various products, I was not inclined to purchase anything...not even a lip gloss (my favorite thing to buy from any other cosmetic line). Their product was no better or worse than anything else I've gotten for less money anywhere else, but the name was catchy (lip glass...get it??). We left the store within ten minutes, with neither of us purchasing anything. I know there are oodles of MAC ladies (and maybe a few guys too) out there who live for their new colors and know their favorite numbers by heart. There are message boards all over the internet dedicated to MAC and their loyal followers, but I just don't get it and probably never will. Having said that, I'm happy that there is such a cosmetic line that has captured the hearts and pocketbooks of women everywhere....I'm just not one of them and, apparently, neither is my daughter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
Next | Previous | Rand | List Sites
Next 5 | Previous 5 | Join | Stats
Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
made possible by CrickRock Webrings.