Site Meter ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5 ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5

Susan's Spa

Your number one stop for beauty and blogging tips, all in one fabulous blog!

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

In Pursuit Of Some Fake Rays

There was an article I read not too long ago about a woman who is suing a tanning salon. Apparently, she was told by the owner of the salon that the tanning booths were completely safe and that there was no way she was exposed to any harfmul rays that could cause skin cancer. Fast forward a couple of years and she is diagnosed with the worst kind of melanoma and she is only in her late twenties. Now she is suing the tanning salon for not disclosing the actual harm that tanning booths can do to unprotected skin. This is a very sad story and cautionary tale. Being a freckled-face girl, I obviously am not one to tan naturally and through most of my adult life I've worn sunscreen. Now I wear it everyday, not only to protect my skin against the harmful rays of the sun, but to slow down the aging process on my face. However, I do love to get some color, especially in the summer. In pursuit of a natural-looking, fake (talk about an oxymoron) tan, I've tried everything from over-the-counter tube tans, to spray tans, to specialty products that claim to produce the most natural-looking tan ever (they didn't). I finally found something I love and I love it so much I'm on auto-delivery for it throughout the summer. That something is called Tantowel. It's a neat little (or big, depending on which size you use) towel that comes wrapped in foil. You can use two small towels or one large towel for your whole body and, when used regularly, you will begin to see the most natural-looking, fake tan ever. It is truly the best product for self-tanning, particularly for legs. It leaves your skin soft and claims it exfoliates with use. So far, I've not seen this product in a store. You can order it through the tantowel website, but the best place to get it is on www.hsn.com (Home Shopping). Tantowel now has a product just for the face, similar to the over-the-counter glow products that are all the rage now, but their facial product contains Retinol, which not only gives you a great, soft glow, but is a skin care treatment as well. Happy Shopping!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
Next | Previous | Rand | List Sites
Next 5 | Previous 5 | Join | Stats
Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
made possible by CrickRock Webrings.