Site Meter ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5 ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5

Susan's Spa

Your number one stop for beauty and blogging tips, all in one fabulous blog!

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Arm Candy


What's the first thing you think of when you see "arm candy"? Some of you may be thinking Hugh Hefner's latest bunch of blonde baby-girlfriends, but I think of handbags. I don't write about fashion that often, but I do love to accessorize. Isn't our ability to accessorize what's sets us apart from the rest of the animal kingdom? Maybe you can't afford to buy yourself a whole new wardrobe every season, but you can afford to buy yourself a couple of great new bags, belts, bangles and beaded espadrilles. Since the hot look this season is bohemian, get yourself a great straw handbag with leather trim. You can go for natural earth-tones or a bright-striped bag like the one in the picture. Whatever you do, don't spend a fortune on a straw bag. One woman told me that she considered spending $300 on the new, hot straw bag for the season, but at the last minute changed her mind. Good move! You can opt for a flea-market purchase if you are on a tight budget or check out fashion discount stores like Marshall's or TJ Maxx for great buys on name brand bags. I got a great straw bag a couple of seasons ago by Tommy Hilfiger...at a garage sale. It was in perfect condition and very-well made and it's still in use, which only goes to show that you don't have to be Ivana Trump to look great! Besides, she still looks likes she's stuck in the '80s. Happy Shopping!

2 Comments:

At 4/12/2006 11:21 PM, Blogger Craig Curtis said...

Susan!
As usual you boil it down to style, dahling. Which CAN be very inexpensive. Keep those gal tips coming. Espadrilles and muslin skirts are in the offing...

 
At 4/13/2006 2:03 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

I have to agree with you Susuan. I love hand bags. What girl doesn't. I like the desinger hand bags. I've always wanted one. So my husband finally caved in a bought me a Christian Dior hand bag. Granted he bought this for me as a wedding present. He about had a heart attack when he found out how much it was. He told me I wasn't allowed to get another hand bag for a long time. Which I'm ok with that. keep up the great wokr on your site. I love that you add photos with every post. Maybe I should figure out how to do it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
Next | Previous | Rand | List Sites
Next 5 | Previous 5 | Join | Stats
Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
made possible by CrickRock Webrings.