Site Meter ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5 ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5

Susan's Spa

Your number one stop for beauty and blogging tips, all in one fabulous blog!

Monday, April 10, 2006

Teach Your Children Well

Since I have nothing new to report on regarding beauty or blogging, I wanted to share with you something that my son did yesterday. He belongs to an organization made up of kids his own age, that occasionally raise money for other non-profit organizations. In the fall they had a bake sale and raised money for victims of hurricane Katrina. Yesterday, they sold adorable stuffed cows for an organization that helps families in Africa purchase and maintain dairy cows so they can feed their families through out the year. Their goal is to raise $500 and yesterday they met their goal half way. They won't stop until they raise the whole $500. Needless to say, I'm very proud of both my children for thinking globally from time to time. Being a teenager often times if a very self-involved process as evidenced by such shows as "Laguna Beach" or "My Super Sweet Sixteen". We expect kids to always believe the world revolves around them, but the truth of the matter is that there are lots of kids out there who don't have a problem giving up their Sunday morning of sleep to raise some money for a good cause. Yes, I think some of their music sucks and their clothes are more expensive than mine, but hopefully, I believe that my husband and I have passed on some good values to our children as evidenced by yesterday's event. I think it was very appropriate with the coming of Easter and Passover and I wanted to share it with you all. Peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
Next | Previous | Rand | List Sites
Next 5 | Previous 5 | Join | Stats
Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
made possible by CrickRock Webrings.