Site Meter ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5 ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5

Susan's Spa

Your number one stop for beauty and blogging tips, all in one fabulous blog!

Saturday, May 27, 2006

The DaVinci Code: The Never-Ending Marketing Of A Pretty Mediocre Movie


Just yesterday, I was driving my son to his friend's house. Driving down the road, he pointed out to me these picket-like signs advertising a meeting at a local church to discuss the latest blockbuster movie, 'The DaVinci Code'. The sign promised an interesting meeting to debate the story's validity (i.e. fact vs. fiction). As we drove further down the road, we finally passed by the moderate sized church, with a mega-sized sign, complete with 'DaVinci Code' graphics hung on the upper-most part of the building, again enticing people to come to discuss the merits of the story. Personally, I didn't think there was anything to really discuss. The author has said, on numerous occasions, this story is completely fictional....a product of his own imagination. If it weren't, it wouldn't be called a novel. Either people still believe that there is some hidden message in this book or, religious organizations and such, are using this controversial topic to draw people in. Personally, I really don't know how much more can be milked from this media frenzy. I'm probably in the minority here, but I honestly couldn't even get through the book, let alone the movie. The only interesting character in the whole story is the albino monk. As far as I'm concerned, he should get a spin off!

1 Comments:

At 5/27/2006 8:25 AM, Blogger Ashley said...

Susan, I agree with you. The author clearly stated this book was fiction. I've never read the book and I haven't seen the movie. One thing that bothers me is church groups are wanting to ban this movie when they haven't even seen it. Don't judge something until you have seen it, otherwise you don't know what you are talking about. It's just like all the Harry Potter hoopla.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
Next | Previous | Rand | List Sites
Next 5 | Previous 5 | Join | Stats
Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
made possible by CrickRock Webrings.