Site Meter ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5 ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5

Susan's Spa

Your number one stop for beauty and blogging tips, all in one fabulous blog!

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Can't Conceal Those Dark Circles?

Dark under-eye circles are a problem with so many women. Sometimes, even the best concealer isn't enough to hide severe dark circles. The first thing you would want to do is check with your physician to make sure there isn't any underlying problem (lack of sleep, sinus infection, etc.). If it is heredity, and many times that's what it is, there is hope. A new product came out on the market not long ago called Hylexin. This product claims to lighten up dark circles considerably over continued use, but the pricetag is steep at $95 for a small tube. You can head over to CVS and purchase a tube of Glyoxane for $24.99, which is Hylexin's discount rival or you can go over to your local health food store and pick up some Vitamin K cream, which for considerably less money, will do basically the same thing with continued use. If you want a home remedy, you can peel a small potato and put it through the food processor. Take the pulp, place it in a cheesecloth and apply to your dark circles, careful not to get the juice from the pulp in your eyes. This home remedy, again with continued use, will help to lighten up your dark circles.

3 Comments:

At 9/24/2006 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried Glyloxane from CVS twice a day for several weeks and it had no effect. It's too late for me to return the useless product to the store for a refund. Plus, I would like to express my dissatisfaction to the manufacturer. However, they do not seem to have a Web site or mailing address - only a hotline, which I am reluctant to call lest they tell me I'm stuck with a tube of purposeless goo. Have you had any success with this product? I think I'll try the potato.

 
At 10/16/2008 9:53 AM, Blogger Dara Schlick said...

I have been using Glyloxane for several months now and it has made a significant difference. I love it! It works for the type of dark circles that are formed from burst blood cells that are stored under the skin. There are different causes of dark circles as we all know. I hope you find your cure!

 
At 8/03/2010 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DEBRA IN MARYLAND- been using Glyloxane for at least a year now and wouldn't be without it. It helps the puffs and the darkness. I am in the optical field and I recommend it to all my clients.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
Next | Previous | Rand | List Sites
Next 5 | Previous 5 | Join | Stats
Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
made possible by CrickRock Webrings.