Site Meter ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5 ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5

Susan's Spa

Your number one stop for beauty and blogging tips, all in one fabulous blog!

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Be Good To Yourself!!!

Whatever you're doing with your life and no matter how busy you are, always remember to be good to yourself. Take the time to get your haircut, have a manicure or pedicure, read a book, take a class or take a nap. I know a lot of people who read my blog are moms and moms sometimes put themselves last on the list of those who need TLC. We're so busy doing and taking care of others that we forget to nuture ourselves. Years ago I belonged to a wonderful organization called The Mothers' Center. One of the things I learned there was that if I don't nuture myself, I can't very well nuture my family. Giving myself a break from my own life and all that comes with it, alleviates my stress level and helps rejuvinate me so that I can continue to do what I need to do for my family. Also, stress is a very damaging entity. It can make you physically and emotionally ill and it can shave years off your life while adding years to your face. Giving yourself a break will make you feel better and if you feel better, you will be happy. In my house we have a saying..."If momma ain't happy, nobody's happy". Emotions are contagious just like cold germs. So, the next time you think abouting skipping something for yourself so you can spread yourself a little thinner, think about the ramifications. Be good to yourself! Everyone around you will thank you!

2 Comments:

At 1/26/2006 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the better results I saw from my fasting experience was that I have more self control over my eating habits. I have always been a binge type of eater. After my fast, I felt like I could restrain myself easier. It is proberbly a mental attribute. I mean I can go without eating for 7 days then I sure can keep myself from eating something I shouldn't.
Link to this site. summer weight loss camp kid

 
At 3/12/2006 7:54 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I, in no way, support your efforts to lose weight through fasting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
Next | Previous | Rand | List Sites
Next 5 | Previous 5 | Join | Stats
Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
made possible by CrickRock Webrings.