Site Meter ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5 ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5

Susan's Spa

Your number one stop for beauty and blogging tips, all in one fabulous blog!

Monday, March 06, 2006

Brokeback Oscars

So, who slept, I mean saw, the Oscars presentation last night? Although, it was one of the shortest telecasts of the Oscars I can remember seeing, I thought it was one of the most boring Oscar shows I can remember. Poor Jon Stewart! I really think he cannot be blamed for the lack of spark. He did his best to try to keep the show humorous and topical, but the audience was not cooperative (did you see Charlize Theron glaring at him?) and, he has big shoes to fill from previous hosts who had better chemistry with the audience like Billy Crystal. Still, I loved the opening and I enjoyed the Colbert Report's take on marketing Oscar hopefuls. I was thrilled that 'Crash' won for best picture, but astounded that the choice for best song. Who cares how hard it is for a pimp? The other two songs were far more relevant to the rest of the world. Besides who could understand their acceptance speech? All in all, it was beautiful in terms of the gowns, the hair, the jewelry and I loved the classic tux look on the men. I'm sure there will be lots of Monday morning quaterbacking taking place on last night's show, but I'm glad it's over and I'm looking forward to 'Desperate Housewives' and 'Grey's Anatomy'!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
Next | Previous | Rand | List Sites
Next 5 | Previous 5 | Join | Stats
Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
made possible by CrickRock Webrings.