Site Meter ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5 ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5

Susan's Spa

Your number one stop for beauty and blogging tips, all in one fabulous blog!

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Don't Break The Chain

Remember years ago (okay some of you are not so old and probably don't remember when there was a time BEFORE e-mail), when people would send you chain letters. Those letters held promises of huge sums of money headed your way IF you passed the chain on. If you broke the chain, you would surely suffer from the worst luck imaginable and probably burn in hell for all eternity. Fast foward to the present, and chain letters are still alive and well on the internet. Oh how it makes me crazy to receive one of these chain e-mail that informs me that if I don't forward it to at least five people, I have no friends and people probably don't like me. There's the one about the bogus virus that made you delete things from your hard drive that you really needed to make your computer function. There's the e-mail about some kid that needed a heart transplant and money to make it happen (but, there really wasn't any kid at all). I especially love the e-mails from some sheik in the middle east who has money stashed away in some bank in Africa and he'll pay me a hundred thousand dollars if he can transfer the money into my bank account, only he'll need my social security number and every credit card number I have in order to complete the transaction. Being an ebayer, I'm constantly getting e-mail that my account is in danger of being frozen if I don't update my credit card number with them. Same for Paypal. Do these morons think I was born yesterday? Clearly, if I remember a time before e-mail, I wasn't!

1 Comments:

At 3/23/2006 4:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I HATE the ebay/paypal spam. ugh. thanks for visiting me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
Next | Previous | Rand | List Sites
Next 5 | Previous 5 | Join | Stats
Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
made possible by CrickRock Webrings.