Site Meter ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5 ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5

Susan's Spa

Your number one stop for beauty and blogging tips, all in one fabulous blog!

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Guilty Pleasures

Guilty pleasures! Everyone has them. Some can be harmful, while most others are harmless. Chocolate is one of my guilty pleasures, but too much of it would be a bad thing in more ways than one. Reading tabloids is yet another guilty pleasure of mine that takes me away from all the things in my life that worry me so much, I lose sleep! One of my guilty pleasures is reality TV, and my favorite of all reality shows is 'American Idol'. If I have a nightly meeting and I think it will cut into my favorite guilty pleasure, I break out in a cold sweat. First of all, Kevin Covais is a neighbor....well, sort of. It's one of those six degrees of separation things. He lives one town over from me, across the street from one of my good friends. Needless to say, all of Levittown and surrounding neighborhoods has been keeping Kevin from being eliminated from the final twelve. My husband works out with one of his teachers and, although they are proud of their hometown boy, he was slated to be the lead in their high school musical, and they wish he would just come home already! I haven't formed any attachments yet to any of the final twelve, so I've shed no tears yet over the eliminations, although I was shocked when Gideon was sent packing. I loved his voice.......and his dimples. I love Mandisa's powerful delivery and Taylor's passion for music. When I'm watching 'American Idol', I am blissfully happy, without a care in the world. This coming week I will be doubly blissful! My favorite performer/singer, Barry Manilow, will be the guest when the finalists will be performing hits from the fifties and, I suppose, Barry will be singing one of the songs from his latest hit record 'Greatest Hits of the 50s'. You may disagree with me about 'American Idol' and Barry Manilow, but you know you have your own guilty pleasure like listening to 'Foreigner' or watching 'I Love the 80s' on VH1. Whatever it is, enjoy....and don't feel so guilty about it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
Next | Previous | Rand | List Sites
Next 5 | Previous 5 | Join | Stats
Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
made possible by CrickRock Webrings.