Site Meter ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5 ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5

Susan's Spa

Your number one stop for beauty and blogging tips, all in one fabulous blog!

Thursday, March 23, 2006

What's In A Number?

I was watching a piece this morning on numbers. I know, it's sounds boring and it would be to me, especially since I was a lousy math student. This piece was about the numbers that you see on the cover of magazines. You know, the ones that promise you 380 beauty secrets to the stars or 500 different sexual positions that will rock his world. Then there's the top 123 best bikes or the 27 best car buys. My favorite is always about anti-aging and will read something like 125 ways to look and feel younger. Apparently, these numbers mean something to magazine buyers: the promise that they will get to the heart of the matter in a short time and that there times won't be wasted on a lot of fluff they don't need to know. When I got finished watching this piece, I wondered if the same is true for blogs. After perusing so many blogs through Blogmad, I see the numbers game is also quite popular here as well. There's a hundred things about me game (this feels overwhelming to me even though I'm sure I could probably come up with a hundred things about me....after the Valium kicked in). Then there's the tag game which requires you to tag four blog friends and then come up with a list of four things in fours. I've also seen Thursday Thirteen (or the other way around) and I'm not sure what that's about. There are probably other numbers games that bloggers play, but since I'm still new the blogging world I'm not sure what they are. I guess I'll have to read another 153 blogs to find out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
Next | Previous | Rand | List Sites
Next 5 | Previous 5 | Join | Stats
Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
made possible by CrickRock Webrings.