Ten Things To Do On A Rainy Day
It seems like half the country is being impacted by Hurricane Ernesto, including the area where I live. In order to keep from being bored out of your mind, here are ten things you can do to keep from going slowly insane:
1) Start your own blog. If you are reading this, then you probably already have one, but why not start another one. You can have double the fun, even if it's double the work, but you already know what to do and what not to do, so give it a shot.
2) How about giving yourself an at-home spa treatment. You don't need to leave the house and buy stuff to do it. Everything you need is right in your home now. Want a quick facial? Take an egg and crack it open, separating the egg white from the yolk. Use the egg white on clean, dry skin (your face, of course) and leave on until it's completely dry. Rinse thoroughly and moisturize. For a moisturizing hair masque, use a little olive oil (for dark hair) and sunflower or safflower oil (for light hair). Massage into scalp and comb through to the ends. Leave on for twenty minutes and wash and condition as usual. For hands, use a teaspoon of sugar with handcream and massage into hands (both sides) then wash and moisturize. If your nail beds and cuticles are very dry, use a little olive oil and massage in for a few minutes, then wash and moisturize.
3) Use your computer to explore the world and beyond at Google Earth
4) Of course, you can always go to the movies. Instead of seeing the one that just opened last night, pick a movie that's been out for a while (shorter lines). See more than one movie and then go out to dinner at a place you've never been to before.
5) Go to a museum. This may not be the first thing that comes to mind, but there are lots of different kinds of museums you've probably never heard of before. Take this opportunity to check them out.
6) Rent some old movies. Rent your favorites. The ones that made you laugh out loud and the ones that made you cry like a baby. Anything from "Animal House" to "The Way We Were".
7) Go through your cookbooks and try a new recipe. Make a great main dish for dinner or how about a dessert?
8) Take all the clothes off your treadmill and use it. By starting an exercise program now, you can worry less about all those holiday dinners. Don't have a treadmill? Go to FitTV and find an exercise program there.
9) Want to make some extra cash? How about starting a seller's account at Ebay? Go through everything in your house you no longer want, take some digital photos and get started. It's fun, easy and profitable. Ebay will give you a tutorial online.
10) Finally, if nothing else appeals to you, there's always the mall. Go spend some money on some new fall clothes and then treat yourself to dinner.
Whatever you do, stay dry and safe!