Site Meter ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5 ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5

Susan's Spa

Your number one stop for beauty and blogging tips, all in one fabulous blog!

Friday, April 14, 2006

Desperately Seeking Susan

Remember that awful movie about a housewife from New Jersey, who leaves her husband in hot pursuit of some guy who left a cryptic personal message in a newspaper? That woman, ends up meeting up with a character played (poorly I might add) by Madonna and it's all about their madcap adventures to find some hideous jewelry. Anyway, this post is not about that movie per say, but more about how I try to find myself in the life that I now live. I guess I began thinking about it after watching a show hosted by you-know-who, wherein women are on a quest to get back in touch with who they once were, instead of who they are now....moms! Being a mom is, by far, the hardest job in the world and there's nothing that precedes it to prepare you for your mission. In doing so, one is immersed shoulder high in everything from diapers, to athletic equipment to designer jeans and letters from colleges trying to steal your child away from you. Somewhere along the way, I lost a good part of who I was, and I yearn to get back to myself. I have fantasies about running away and entering a witness protection program. I've even considered contacting Windermere Real Estate to buy a separate residence in another state and not tell anyone about it......not even my husband. They are only fanstasies though and I'll never actually go through with it, but it's nice to dream. In the meantime, you can find me home, trying to change the world....one child at a time!

3 Comments:

At 4/14/2006 2:31 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

Susan, you are too funny. I'm not a mom myslef unless you count my pug. But I know what you mean. My mom used to leave the house every once in a while for an hour or 2 when I was younger after I got home from school. I had a sister that was 10 years older than me and one that is 3 and a half years older than me. Plus my dad my dad worked from home. So I was well looked out for. But my mom had to do it just to get away from the hetic life of being a mom and keep some of her identity as a women. My husband jokes sometimes about packing us up and moving to anoter state to get away from family problems and life sometimes. But like you said it's just a dream.

 
At 4/14/2006 3:06 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

Wow, thanks Susan for adding my link to your site. I'll add yours to mine. If I can figure it out. Thanks again.

 
At 4/14/2006 3:12 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

ok I figured it out. It's on my blog now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
Next | Previous | Rand | List Sites
Next 5 | Previous 5 | Join | Stats
Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
made possible by CrickRock Webrings.