Site Meter ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5 ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5

Susan's Spa

Your number one stop for beauty and blogging tips, all in one fabulous blog!

Friday, August 11, 2006

How Terrorism Works

I am writing several posts today because I am leaving for vacation and I don't know when I will be able to post again. I do have a laptop, but I have to share it with three other people meaning my blog doesnt' take priority, while downloading music does. Today, I received one of those chain e-mails that asks you to forward it to everyone you know. This one was about the nation of Islam and the truth behind it. It featured several photos of Muslims demonstrating against the raid on Lebanon by Israel, which was a reaction to the kidnapping of two Israeli soldiers by the terrorist group, Hezbollah. I found this to be ironic inasmuch as terrorism works on many different levels. There is the obvious one, highlighted by the raid yesterday in England, which caused the cancellations of many flights out of and into Heathrow airport. Then there is the other kind which is pyschological. This one begins in the form of an e-mail like the one I got, which is supposed to strike fear and hate into the hearts of those who received it, thus dividing us even further and making us more vulnerable to futher terrorism. This is exactly what the terrorists of the world want and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if this chain was actually begun by a terrorist, knowing full well the reaction it would get from many readers. Things taken out of context like this are considered propaganda in my book, much like that which was used during Nazi Germany. We must not give in to this fear, otherwise they (the terrorists) win and we lose. I will always support the war on terrorism. I have personally seen what it can do to people. I will never support the further spreading of fear and hatred. As far as I'm concerned, it is just another link in the vicious cycle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
Next | Previous | Rand | List Sites
Next 5 | Previous 5 | Join | Stats
Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
made possible by CrickRock Webrings.