Site Meter ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5 ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5

Susan's Spa

Your number one stop for beauty and blogging tips, all in one fabulous blog!

Monday, January 16, 2006

A Shopping Spree for my Daughter and Me!

Since today is a holiday (in honor of Martin Luther King, one of this country's greatest heros), my daughter and I decided to spend some quality time together doing what we both enjoy....shopping and eating!
We both love make-up (gee, I wonder where she got that from???) so we made a stop at one of my all-time favorite stores, Ulta. Armed with my $3.50 coupon and my Ulta Beauty Card, we began perusing the aisles for bargains and new items to try. Some of my personal observations turned up two new items that are worth a try. The first is from L'Oreal Revitalift line. This new item comes in the form of a facial mask that pops out of an envelope and is placed on the face for a few minutes. Vital anti-aging properties are released into the skin to help decrease the visible signs of aging, namely wrinkles and sagging skin. This was on sale for under $10 and I decided to give it a try. After I use it, I'll let you know what I think. There was another new item as well from Neutrogena called 'Pure Glow' pads. These little pads are double-sided. The first side is the buffing side and the other side contains moisturizing properties. Although I didn't purchase this one, I was tempted for under $8. One item I would definitely stay away from is Bare Escentuals Eye Liner Palette. I was thoroughly disappointed at the packaging of this product which can leave the consumer with a fist full of the intense mineral powder. Although there are some lovely colors in the palette, the poor packaging can make it difficult to keep the powder in each of their little, separate containers. Also, there are two resevoirs, but I was not sure what these were to be used for. I do know that BE came out with a new product recently to mix with your powder to liquify the powder enough so that it will glide on as a liner, but this was not included in with the palette and I didn't see it anywhere in sight on the BE display. Save yourself $25 and stick with your old liner or use the BE powders you already have to use as liners. Better still, head on over to QVC and pick up Smashbox liners instead. These I cannot live without. Finally, I noticed that Jessica Simpson's Dessert Line seemed to be lower priced at that display. Some other customers were speculating whether this line will eventually disappear (maybe Nick is getting it in the settlement!), but either way, this line was far too over-priced to begin with considering the audience it was meant for (13-18 year olds). Also, when you get to the check out at Ulta, make sure you double check your receipt. More times than not, there's a mistake and it will not be in your favor.

1 Comments:

At 1/22/2006 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Jessica Simpson stuff is very, very nice, but it was wayyy too high priced!! I have all of the body sprays except for the Creamsicle which I got in the lotion form. I felt kind of guilty spending that much on a "bodyspray" but the scents are very good if you like "foody" type scents, but the lipglosses were mega disappointing. I got the set & they don't have any color to them except the one "Candy" IIRC it was called had a bit of pink to it, tho it looked scary in the tube it was nice on!! They need to chop the prices of Desserts Line in half in my opinion. I saw a few Jessica products at Walmart too, & they were different than the stuff @ Walgreens & they were also overpriced FWIW. They only had a very limited selection of products @ Walmart, I think 3 "flavors" were available. I wonder how the divorce is going to impact Jessica's sales??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
Next | Previous | Rand | List Sites
Next 5 | Previous 5 | Join | Stats
Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
made possible by CrickRock Webrings.