Site Meter ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5 ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5

Susan's Spa

Your number one stop for beauty and blogging tips, all in one fabulous blog!

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Gotta Blog

There was a great article in today's Newsday (Part 2) about how baby boomers are blogging like crazy. I have to agree with the main thrust of the article, that blogging becomes addictive. I'm not only addicted to the creating aspect, but am equally addicted to reading other writer's blogs There is just no end to the introspective thoughts, humour, creativity and observations of bloggers, although I could live without the ones that only feature naked women (could you be any more mundane?) Blogging is the perfect outlet for people who love to write and many have gone on, or are in the process of having books published as a result of blogging. One blogger writes something that I can definitely relate to, "When I see someone has blogrolled me, I think...they like me, they really like me" (flashback to Salley Field accepting her Oscar). It's nice to make a little money while blogging, but let's face it, we all still want validation. Two blogs mentioned in this article are www.courtingdestiny.com and www.carolpack.com.

2 Comments:

At 4/16/2006 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for mentioning me, or my blog. I am so addicted that I haven't been seperated from my computer for more than a plane ride to California from NY in the past 17 months.

As a writer it gives me the validation that I never really got from any form of professional writing.

 
At 4/17/2006 1:54 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

Susan you are so right. I'm addicted to blogging myself. I orignailly started a blog to try and make some money. I haven't yet, but I look forward to every day when I can write another post. PLus I like reading other people's blog. B/c you learn about new things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
Next | Previous | Rand | List Sites
Next 5 | Previous 5 | Join | Stats
Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
made possible by CrickRock Webrings.