Site Meter ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5 ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5

Susan's Spa

Your number one stop for beauty and blogging tips, all in one fabulous blog!

Friday, May 19, 2006

So Much For Niche Blogging

As a relatively new blogger (I began my blogging journey in December of 2005), I've considered this to be a journey to be a constant learning experience. One of the many things I've learned along the way was to find a niche for your blog. The theory among those who are considered blog gurus, is that once your niche is established, you will automatically begin drawing readers. More readers means more clicks to your ad bank (if that's what you're looking for) or, if you're a budding writer, then you will draw a readership. Although I began my blog with a niche in mind (mainly discussing anything to do with beauty, cosmetics and fitness), I soon found it increasingly difficult to find things to discuss on a daily basis that fit into my defined niche. Oh, and there's one other thing, I have the attention span of a flea. Soon after I realized that sticking to my niche would be damn near impossible (what with my very short attention span), I began broadening my horizens into other territory, which included blogging tips. What the hell! I was getting alot of information from those who came before me, who had already found a niche, so I figured I would begin passing information along to my readers. I could have started another blog on the topic. Afterall, there are people out there who have 10, 12, 15, 22 blogs. They claim to be making their mortgage payments on the money they make blogging. In theory, it would have been a great idea, but I don't have 18 hours a day to sit in front of my computer. As a result, I combined the two niche's into this one blog. I thought this would be satisfactory, but again, since I have a short attention span, this didn't last too long. Soon, I was just spouting off about anything.....movies, music, gossip...you name it! So much for niche blogging! At this point, I don't care anymore, but just to try to remain consistent with my revised theme, here are two items that fall into the 'beauty and blogging' theme: First the beauty - Ulta has a major sale beginning Sunday, May 21st which will run through Saturday, June 10th. For starters, you will receive a beautiful shell bracelet (a $30 value) with any $9 purchase of nail products. They will have lots of 'buy 1, get 1 free' offers from L'Oreal, Revlon, Ulta brand cosmetics and NYC New York and 'buy 2, get 1 free' on hair products from Matrix, Abba and Nioxin. For more information, you can go to www.ulta.com. Now, for the blogging part - As many of you know, Blog Explosion has been under new management for the last month or so and lots of great new features are being added as I write. One of the newest features to be added is Blog Explosion Radio Interactive. You will be able to make music requests, market your blog, chat and more. Their first broadcast will take place on Saturday, May 20th at 8PM EST. If you are not already a member of Blog Explosion, you can join for free by clicking on the Blog Explosion icon in my sidebar. I've met some great people from this website and I always win credit whenever I surf, so join now, if you haven't already done so! Okay, I've completed the niche part of my blogging, now back to my regularly scheduled chaos!

3 Comments:

At 5/19/2006 1:26 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

Susan you are too funny. I ran into the same problem with my first blog. That's why I decided to make it about Orlando, Universal Studios, Disney, Sea World,etc. Now my new blog I'm really having fun with that. B/c it doesn't really have a topic. I like being able to write about whatever I want. Mostly it's about celebrties, b/c I've found people are really interested in that.

 
At 5/19/2006 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,

Hey, I've got a question. Have you ever tried lemon juice to lighten your hair, or known anyone who has? I'm just looking for some feedback and experiences people have had with it. Thanks! Have a great weekend!

Sharon
Beauty Secrets 101

 
At 5/19/2006 7:06 PM, Blogger Cher said...

I love your blog...whatever you want to do, I'll read it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
Next | Previous | Rand | List Sites
Next 5 | Previous 5 | Join | Stats
Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
made possible by CrickRock Webrings.