Site Meter ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5 ss_blog_claim=878ebb07278b6f096bb7c32aaa023db5

Susan's Spa

Your number one stop for beauty and blogging tips, all in one fabulous blog!

Thursday, November 02, 2006

What Do You Want To Be When You Grow Up?

Do you still sometimes feel that you're not quite sure what you want to be when you grow up? You are not alone. I have found that over the years, I've changed career paths in order to find, not necessarily my passion, but my true calling in life. What I've learned about following a passion, is that it's no guarantee that you will be rich and famous, like Oprah, but that you may end up with a broken heart like so many other people. When I was very young I earned to study art, but was discouraged by my parents who, instead, made it clear to me that they wanted me to learn skills that would bay the bills. Of course I was resentful, but looking back I realize that this was the right thing for me. I've never had a problem finding employment and my creative energy, coupled with the skills I learned in school, have given me many successful opportunities over the years, including writing this blog. I wouldn't tell my own kids what I was told, but thankfully I raised them to be able to discern between what is hobby material and what is career material. Having feet planted firmly in both will hopefully take them as far as they want to go in life. Thanks to Theresa at Wahm Bloggers for inspiring me to write this post!

1 Comments:

At 11/07/2006 4:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found my passion in my late thirties...skin care. Got licensed, was working at a spa, loving it....got ill...things changed!

I think having good job skills and career skills is an important factor in life. And having creatitivity is a bonus. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
Next | Previous | Rand | List Sites
Next 5 | Previous 5 | Join | Stats
Work at Home Mom Bloggers Network
made possible by CrickRock Webrings.